By Darold A. Treffert, M.D.
– Understanding Savant Syndrome –
Incredible Read.Love the people for who they ARE, and not just for what they DO. Let me give some words of wisdom here:
- Visual imagery/photographic imagery means the recall in visual form of a previously stored image and the projection of that image upon an external surface, as measured by a picture description task. Eidetic imagery is defined as vivid, perceptlike images that cannot be recalled in visual form after they have faded and is measured by a color fusion task.
- Cognitive/associative memory process is Recognition, Retention and Recall
- The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
- A miracle is a wonderful happening that is beyond the known laws of nature
- From savant Kim Peek: Recognising and respecting differences in others, and treating everyone like you want them to treat you, will help make our world a better place for everyone. Care, and be your best. You don’t have to be handicapped to be different. Everyone is different.